Wednesday, October 8, 2008

another transfer

Well, the improbable has happened. Usually, a companionship will only serve together for two transfers, or three months. This week we got transfer calls, and we had been debating and guessing for days leading up to the calls. Who would go? Who would stay? The speculation was rampant, as Dad would say. And so we anxiously awaited transfer calls on Monday night. Elder Nauman called, laughing over the phone, because Elder Snyder and I, the invincible team, is indeed invincible and we are staying together for another six weeks.

We are excited because our time together has been marked with intense spiritual experiences, which have built our faith and testimonies in the reality of God and His care for us. We look forward to many more strong experiences as we both work together to become better missionaries and men. I know that God has a special work for us together, and we have seen blessings already that only our companionship could have brought about.

One of these blessings is the betterment of the members of the San Luis Branch. I admit, I have had moments where I have been so frustrated at the lack of support from the Branch that I just wanted to leave and go to a new area. But after much prayer, faith, and patience, all the sudden miracles have happened and we are seeing intensely rapid improvement in the attitude of the auxiliary presidencies, primarily in the Branch Presidency. I am so grateful to be serving here at this time. I know that the Lord is building me in large amounts more than I could be building up anybody else. I feel humbled at my calling, especially as I realize more and more the blessings and mercies of God in my life.

I loved Conference, and I'm out of time, so maybe I'll write about it later.

-Elder Sam

P.S. I hope you all liked the voice recordings last week. [Jay: These will be posted soon.]

1 comment:

Cryp2nyte said...

Dear STE,
I don't know if our posting a comment will be seen by you but thought I would try.
We very much enjoyed your report. I'll confess that us "old folks" like your written word better than your spoken word but we've enjoyed all your words.
We've had some snow this morning. I'm sure you haven't but you probably remember what it is like.
Love,
Grandpa Terry & Grandma