Wednesday, July 1, 2009

clouds, but no rain

We had a great week this last week with an amazing baptismal service. I was able to confirm a ten-year-old kid, which was a first for me. I had never given a blessing of any kind for a child, and it was unique to listen to the language our Father has for young children, so that they can understand what He wants to tell them. With each of our baptisms, we just keep finding new people to teach, whether it be referrals from converts or people that members just start bringing to church or those miracle findings. Our teaching pool just doesn't run dry and we keep a constant flow of new and great people to teach. I am humbled to serve in Mesa.

We've had a few cloudy days, and a bit of wind, but no rain. It has been almost cruel. Although, I am told that monsoon season is near (I missed it last year because I was in San Luis).

We gave one of our final reports to our "boss" in the Employment Center yesterday. We will be serving there until near the end of July, but it seems like we have really gotten a good idea of the potential of the program. In the following weeks, the missionaries and employees in the center are going to help me develop my own resume to begin communicating with a few places in Provo. While I'm there, I might as well make good use of the time, and I know that God with provide for my needs. He provides for us and has promised us time and time again that he that obeys His commandments will prosper in the land.

I am happy here. As much as the heat may rise, and the sun beat down almost as though you could feel it hitting you with physical force, it feels good to spend my time in the service of other people. As I teach the gospel, its wonders open up more and more. Thanks for helping to get me on my mission!

Love,
-Elder Bostwick

No comments: