Wednesday, June 18, 2008

another hot week

That's right. Another hot week. Very hot. Hotter than anybody should be willing to endure. Why do people even live here and tolerate this? It's awful and terrible.

In all honesty, I have been very tried by the heat. I hope that I soon find a way to handle it, rather than continue being miserable physically. But on the bright side, we have much more motivation to teach lessons, because then we get to go inside people's houses. It also provides for great conversation to strangers. "Why are you walking around? It's too hot." "Yes it is hot, but we are walking around the streets because we are missionaries ...." I think they mostly just think we're crazy. And they're right.

Elder Mitchell just keeps proving his worth as he continually helps me see things that I had not seen, or remind me of things I forgot, or just share his wise opinion. His help has been so invaluable in learning this new area in ways that nobody else could have helped me. I am grateful for my companion.

I am very short on time, but want you all to know that I still know the Church is true. Through patience and faith in our afflictions, we experience a lasting conversion to the gospel. Faith leads us to action, and righteous actions fuel our faith. I love the circle that the gospel is to give us continual growth. I hope you are all well. I am now out of time.

With love,

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: