Wednesday, June 11, 2008

limited on time

I don't have much time today—I don't normally get enough emails to read to have to spend time catching up on people's lives. But I prefer that, and am extremely appreciative of even the short notes. I think the way people write says a lot about them, and love that my family is one of classy writing and heartfelt sentiments. I miss you and hope you are well.

The excitement of where I am at caught up to me over the weekend. I drove as far south as I could on our street and just stared excitedly at "la frontera" or the border, which is represented by a large wall. The Mexico side of San Luis honestly looks more lively, and someday, I hope to visit. In fact, I am grateful that I will never have the issue of having to travel thousands of miles and spend large amounts of money to visit my mission, because that leaves the option open to spend all that money visiting other places I have not been to before. I hope my wife will be game ....

We meet lots of people everyday, and I think Elder Mitchell, who has been here for 5 months, may have talked to over 75 percent of the city already. I hope as people get to know us more, they will wonder what we teach. And then, of course, I hope they don't wonder too long, because at that moment, I have faith that God will open the door for them to gain their own testimony of the restored Gospel. How great and sweet that moment will be.

Be good, stand for the truth, and shine your light upon the hill. I love you, family and friends. I appreciate hearing from you, but know that silence doesn't mean we aren't friends. Take care!

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: