Wednesday, February 18, 2009

week 1 in mesa

Dear Family and Friends,

I love Mesa! This last week was sooo different from all the time I spent in San Luis. We are very blessed here with a strong area, a great branch, a good zone of missionaries, and it is so nice to be in a high-population area again. It is very nice.

One interesting thing about our area is our home. We live with an old widower, Brother Bill Brown. His wife passed away over five years ago and he has lived alone ever since, until just last week when we moved into his home and it has been great ever since. He is funny to talk to, and he has a piano and everything else we could need. He even made us home-made popcorn the other day after we got home. Elder Argyle and I get along really well and we like our new place a lot. Every morning, to begin our companionship study, we sing a hymn or two, accompanied by the piano and guitar, and it is always a great new arrangement ... very fun.

The pace of life is different here and we meet completely different kinds of people- unlike Yuma, which consists of Snowbirds and Mexicans. We met some strange characters in this week, people of all kinds of faiths and lifestyles. It breaks up the monotony, and is a great blessing to see and testify that the gospel, the true gospel, is for all people, of all races, and all ages. Our message is true, and I am anxious to share it.

I have so much I could say, but I'll keep it at that. I love you all, I hope you are well. I will keep praying for you, always.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: