Wednesday, August 19, 2009

3

It's so great to see how the Lord puts everything together so perfectly. We've been really blessed to see more people coming to make and keep commitments and prepare for baptism. At the end of trials come great blessings, if we endure well.

In many ways, last week was just hard. Everything felt very heavy and wearisome. We just felt a lot of weight due to the sins of the world I guess you could say. We spent a lot of time meeting new people and every time it was just a discouraging result, time and time and time again. We went through a kaleidoscope of feelings and moods. It was a test, and we had to struggle through it. I normally don't feel down about life. I am a positive person, but even moreso when I know I am doing my part, and having trust in God makes me even more positive. But in many ways, we were running short on hope. After making a point to work hard until the very end, knowing the trial would soon be over, an almost physical weight lifted. On Sunday, from one moment to the next, we just felt better, back to normal. Now, I might not know the reason, or the whole effect, but we made it through some kind of test of our diligence. We didn't break, though it was hard. And now we see blessings. The Lord will take us to where we feel like it is our last effort we can give, and then He provides His strength. The Gospel is true.

I hope you're all well. My time is gone. I love you all.

-Elder Bostwick

No comments: