Wednesday, August 26, 2009

very little

I have very little to say today. I feel as though all of the things that I would tell you can wait a little bit more.

The Mesa Zone is doing really well. The assistants thanked Elder Snyder and me last night because, as they say, "we're carrying the mission." In truth, the success we are seeing in the different areas of our zone is a blessing from God and has very little to do with us two. Blessings are obtained by being worthy and focusing on the things we want to be blessed in. I have learned a lot of the great value of goals and praying for what you want/need. "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you" is a phrase repeated some 120 times. I think the next most common promise in scripture, thanks to the Book of Mormon, is if you are obedient to the commandments, you will prosper in the land. It is my continual blessing to be surrounded by dedicated and obedient missionaries who, through their actions and attitudes, make great things happen. I have also learned a lot about a good spirit of competition. Throw down a challenge, and watch the results skyrocket. What a concept.

These are going to be a great last few weeks, I can tell. I am excited for the challenges that face me, and I can't wait for the Lord to show his hand, like he always does. The gospel is great.

Well, I think that's just about all I have for today. Thank you for the patience of everybody that has made it possible for today to not be the day I come home. I still feel that the decision to stay was the best thing for me in every way. I love you all, take care.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: