Wednesday, December 19, 2007

asi, empieza

Thus, it starts, transfer 2! The anticipation continued to build through the week, but at last transfers came. And the results ... I stayed. My trainer has been transferred to another area. It was time, considering he had been in our Ward seven-and-a-half months already.

My new companion, Elder Robinaugh (rob-in-aw), came from the other companionship in our ward, so I already know him very well. I am excited for this time coming up, because we have a lot of work to do, but it will be so pleasant to do it with Elder Robinaugh.

Christmas approaches and our plans are looking favorable. We will be spending some time with the English speaking members Elders Wood and Rutt live with, but much of the day will be with a family from our Ward, the Baldwins. All four missionaries will be together, so it will be a party. I just wonder if there is such thing as too much fun in missionary work.

This is the last email I'll get to send before Christmas. I testify of the sacred purpose of that Babe born in Bethlehem. I know that God has purpose in all things, that there is a plan for us as all of His children and individually. I know that we cannot grow without suffering. We cannot grasp joy without going through the fire of affliction, and everything is for our good. I am thankful for the plan of my challenges, and the plan that was set forth to make up the difference for the times when I don't do what I should. We must come unto Christ, especially in this special season. I pray that you are all safe and well and enduring well the things God has been planning for you.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: