Thursday, December 27, 2007

christmas

First, I hope that everybody had a very merry Christmas. I hope you each had time to think about the season, to slow down for at least a bit. I also hope that everyone who had a White Christmas appreciated it.

As for me, Christmas was not white, at least we didn't have any snow down here. Yes, it was different from the norm, but it truly was a wonderful time for me. This last week with Elder Robinaugh has been great. We get along even better than I had hoped. Our district has a good bond and I am making some good friends.

Both Christmas Eve and Christmas were unusual days. We spent a lot of time visiting with members of our ward. It was good to be invited in as a part of their holidays. Some even bought us presents, making us feel spoiled, but we were very grateful.

Yesterday, Elder Robinaugh and I ate five very delicious, very large, and very enjoyable meals. It was a miracle, but we made it through. In fact, with both of us being sick, I think we are feeling better today after being incredibly well fed.

Our final dinner appointment was with the family and friends of one of our investigators. Rosalia, who is blind, had another blind friend there. Her friend, Evelyn, speaks English as well as Spanish and is very curious about religion, in fact she spends most of her time thinking about it and learning more. She had come to some very acute conclusions about God and the Bible and I was grateful to be able to testify to her and teach her in a mix of Spanish and English. Other investigators of our's are friends of Rosalia's family, and were at the party as well. We watched the Joy to the World video, and the Spirit was strong. It is a great time of year to learn more about the Savior.

As nice as all that was, the best part of Christmas was the time I spent on the phone with my family. The only pity was that Cecily and Tommy weren't there. It's always nice to talk with Grandma Rose, and JoAnna and Hyrum were also fun to talk to. With so much going on at home and such a full house, I'm sure I miss out on a lot of parties and good times. But I haven't really been gone that long. In fact, on the phone, it felt as though I hadn't really left.

But I am gone, and I have changed. As the year comes to a close, it's astounding to think how much I have grown since last Christmas. To think where I was is almost unbelievable. Surely, there have been miracles in my life that have shaped and directed me. Accept my gratitude, all those whose guidance helped lead me in the past year. Many of you will never know how you have influenced me, and I suppose that is as it always is. Thank you for the Christlike examples, and uplifting hands of friendship, and patience. I wish I could write you all and tell you individually, but if I had enough time for that, then I wouldn't be doing what I am supposed to. (If you are wondering if you are one of the people I am talking about, just assume you are and feel good about yourself)

My time is up. Thank you again, for everything. Party hardy, and Happy New Year. Love you!

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: