Wednesday, April 15, 2009

easter aftermath

Sometimes I feel like I am just repeat myself over and over. I hope you don't feel like that ....

We had a nice Easter. Elder Argyle and I performed our own arrangement of an Easter hymn in sacrament meeting and shocked all of the members who had no idea we even like music. We do make a great team after all the practice we have during companionship study jam-sessions. We then had a nice dinner at the branch president's home (President Richardson started learning Spanish when he got called to be the president of the Spanish branch almost six months ago) and we really enjoyed the "almost funeral potatoes" and honey baked ham, fruit salad, and fresh baked dinner roles! Dinner was topped off with two desserts, a carrot cake and a cherry pie-ish dish. President Richardson made sure to tell us that if we were wondering what qualities to look for in a perfect wife, we should just look for a younger version of Sister Richardson. She's always been so kind and motherly to us, as well as loving to all the members of the branch whom she can't even talk to, that I really feel like President Richardson is right.

We've got some good baptisms going on in our zone and it is always a joy to meet new people and start teaching them. We have almost an entirely new pool of investigators from when I got here and we continue to find new people to teach. I love it, and I really do feel love for the people we teach. The work is always exciting.

We went to the temple today, and it is a nice refresher to remember the eternal perspective of why we are here on our missions. Our potential is so grand and our view is so small without help. Let's keep the big picture.

I love you all. I'm going to request that you tell me things that you want to hear about from these emails, so I don't feel repetitious. Keep praying, and don't go out of the country again before I get home, so I can go with you.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: