Wednesday, April 1, 2009

good things coming, and good things to come

Dear family and friends,

We are looking forward to General Conference with great anticipation. It's just so cool when you realize what General Conference is, it becomes a really exciting thing for missionary work. I hope I will always be able to find people who are not members to watch General Conference with, as it naturally draws the interest of most nonmembers. It is interesting to think that we really do take our blessings for granted. I remember what Conference used to be like for me: "Great, we don't have to go to church and Tylor can spend all weekend at our house playing games. And to top it off on Sunday morning, we get waffles." It is sad that I repeatedly missed the real treat in not paying attention to the words of modern prophets of God. Surely, my attitude will never be the same again.

We have been having really good things happen in our area, which if I wrote to you about all of them, it would be too long and extensive to captivate your attention. But we constantly see the blessings of God poured out on us as we try to become more righteous and humble servants. As God's children, He will always bless us for our diligence. It is true, I know it.

The Arizona Tempe Mission really is the greatest mission in the world. Did I ever tell you about when Elder Anderson, the President of the Presidents of the Seventy, told the missionaries of our mission that he thinks we really are the greatest mission the world? It is for the work that is done here by members and missionaries alike. The church leadership is so aware that we are the best mission in the world, that they are taking missionaries out of other missions and sending them here to help where the work gets done. The number of missionaries in our mission is increasing more than 30 missionaries since the beginning of the year to June. That's more than 15 new areas! We just had to create a new zone in the last transfer because there is so much work here. And that's the truth. That's my brag moment.

Well, I have to go, but thanks for reading. My love goes out to each of you who take time to read up on my mission. If you care about me, it must mean that I care about you. Thanks a lot.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

P.S. Letters that aren't about college and get sent snail mail are really really nice ....

No comments: