Wednesday, April 8, 2009

easter

I wanted to take the chance to wish everybody Happy Easter. I blew it on Dad's birthday, and didn't realize it until the day of (by the way, happy birthday Dad!) but I won't miss this holiday.

General Conference was such a treat. I was so sad when I realized how many members in our branch did not watch the conference. It seems like so many of those talks are specifically applicable to people who aren't even watching! All right home teachers, go get 'em. I enjoyed the spirit of the words in conference and felt only mildly ashamed to be sure to keep tissues with me during each session.

To make this last week even better, we were blessed with a chance to go to the Easter Pageant. We were not asked to help usher the event, but we are able to go with investigators. So on Friday, we arranged a trip with an investigator (who is not an investigator anymore because he got baptized the next day) and his family, who are all members, to watch the Pageant. Elder Snyder also had investigators going that night, so we carpooled together with our investigator's 18-year-old pre-missionary son. When we arrived, we found out that all of the investigators wouldn't be getting there until right before the show (we had planned to arrive early and walk around the visitors' center a bit), so we had a bit of extra time. As we waited, Elder Snyder and I started to see people from the Queen Creek Ward. It was such a fun reunion with many of the dear friends we have in that ward and everyone just laughed that Elder Snyder and I have practically been inseparable our whole missions. We enjoyed the show very much, as did our investigators and we hope to go again this week at least once.

I went on exchanges with Elder Owens this week, and someone should tell his family he is a great missionary and thriving in the work. The changes we have both made since high school just shine as we spend time together. The more time I spend in the mission, the more I feel like the comparison of being clay in the hands of a master potter is inspired and inspiring. If only we were able to glimpse the potential of each person and find joy in even little progresses.

I am more determined than ever that I will not be coming home from my mission. I don't remember normal life being as gratifying as life in the mission field. I'll just stay here, let everybody know. Thanks.

I love you all, I pray for you constantly. Serve others, and be happy.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: