Thursday, January 10, 2008

not much time

Time with Elder Robinaugh has been moving too fast. I enjoy every day, and I am coming to realize that as we rejoice and are happy, we can be closer to God. We still have not moved out our house, but the circumstances of this transfer make it a joy to have 4 missionaries in the same home. We support each other, and all work hard. We have fun, but work is work. I love it.

Elder Robinaugh and I are the lone Spanish Elders in our District. The other missionaries often wish they had at least some use of the Spanish language when they are out talking to people on the streets and such. We have decided to use the opportunity to the advantage for all and allow me to help all the English Elders learn a little Spanish. As I teach, I learn, and I continue to progress with Spanish. Maybe someday, I won't feel afraid to talk with people in Spanish.

The same truth goes with my understanding of the Gospel. As I teach, I learn. We are excitedly progressing toward the baptismal date of Rosalia, our blind investigator. Our other investigators are also working and obtaining testimonies of their own of the Restored Gospel, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon.

I was recently re-reading a letter sent from Jay in which he included some letters from his mission. In his letter, he spent a lot of time describing the world of his mission area. The imagery is great. It wouldn't take many words to describe Arizona, just flat and brown, with a lot of houses very close together. Maybe, I will find some poetry in the landscape soon, I'll get back on that.

My time is limited, I love you all. All is well and I am happy in working. I hope you are all happy and working too. I'm sure our house is a lot of fun all the time with so many people living together. Be good, everybody, and I know I should be better at responding to letters. I'm working on it. I love you all, take care.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: