Thursday, January 31, 2008

transfers ... again

This entire week felt lousy. We taught good lessons and had some success with the numbers and all, but it just felt like different. Sunday was a strange day. We heard some bad news about a recent convert, less investigators came to church than we expected, and the Primary kids were horribly behaved. Elder Robinaugh and I were down all day and then the news of President Hinckley's death came suddenly on an already sad day. Plus it rained all day (surprise), which made work harder. Monday night led up anxiously for transfer calls. Last transfer it was very easy to say what would happen. Elder Bull had already been told he was leaving. This time there were no hints, and nobody had any ideas. Then Elder Robinaugh got a call from the President to train a new missionary, which meant I was gone. I love the ward I have been serving in, and I was sad to be leaving. Tuesday we spent seeing different people, leaving my last enthusiasm for the progress they were making or thanking members for their help and examples.

Then came Wednesday- today. My life was packed and our ride took us to Tempe to meet up for the transfer meeting. Every companionship in the mission except 5 were being changed, which is very abnormal. I was nervous and I already missed my ward. And so I am now serving in the other area in the same ward. I already knew my companion very well, and I know many of the investigators already. I get to stay in the ward and attend all the baptisms for my old investigators. I am way too lucky. Elder Sam Wood is my companion now, from Kaysville. We get along, and he speaks Spanish better than any American from the mission. I am excited. Plus, we live with great members, and get the benefits of only having two in our apartment, rather than the distraction of another companionship as well.

All goes well, I am happy and healthy and learning. I love that the church is true and am excited to continue to share it with others. The missionary Spirit is infectious and I love to work with members who have caught the virus. There is great power in the faithful prayer.

My time is almost gone, and there is a lot to do moving into a new apartment. I'll write again next week. I love you all.

-Elder Bostwick

No comments: