Wednesday, May 28, 2008

another week

So, Maura's baptism and confirmation went great this Saturday and Sunday. We are working on getting others to the same point, although everyone of course has their own individual barricades that block the way to the font .... Maura's mother, Leticia is not a member, though all of her kids now are. By going to Maura's baptism and feeling the spirit strongly, she came a lot closer on her personal journey. I very much enjoy working with personal concerns and needs. One of the advantages of being an English missionary would be a wider variety of concerns from investigators. In answering concerns, missionaries learn. But I am happy and love that the Gospel of Jesus Christ makes sense and is not confusing. Confusion is not of God, and we work to teach with the Spirit specifically to avoid confusion.

We have been blessed with beautiful weather this week, including some unseasonal rainstorms and surprisingly cool temperatures. To top off the good week, today we have a special reward for each companionship in our Zone achieving our goal of 20 lessons last week. We will be watching a few movies and enjoying our P-Day at a very wealthy member family's home.

Among other notable events, I finished the Old Testament yesterday, a wonderful feat that I enjoyed very much, and from which I learned a lot. I am excited to move into the New Testament again and attach the fulfillment of many prophecies and completion of the laws from the ancient church with the birth and life of Christ, the promised Messiah. I am very grateful for the scriptures and love to read from them.

That's pretty much all this week, sorry I don't have much to say. I am approaching 9 months since I began my mission, which feels very significant, though I'm not sure why. I love you all, and I hope that as time continues to move, I'll see you all again before we realize the time has come. Stay true, and testify of the Gospel.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: