Wednesday, May 7, 2008

unexpected

When I came to Queen Creek, if you remember, it was part of a new split in the Queen Creek Spanish area of the mission. As I'm sure everyone has taken note of from the past few months of emails, there has not been a great amount of work in Queen Creek. In fact, the last person to be baptized by any missionary in Queen Creek, was Rosalia. Although Rosalia is really cool and should count as at least four baptisms, the numbers were not satisfying the evil statistic god (sorry Tommy) and the areas of Queen Creek have once again been joined.

This, however, is not the unexpected part. After having been in Queen Creek almost exactly six months, and having served in both of the areas, I was officially the standing authority of missionary work in the area. I knew almost every investigator or potential investigator in both areas personally and knew each member by first and last name, including their children. I had a calling in the ward, as you all know, and had been pretty settled in for quite some time. For sure, I would have to stay in Queen Creek to oversee the combination of areas to make sure everything went smoothly.

But the Lord had other plans. I think after being in one place for so long, I had become a little less on top of missionary development and I was needing change, though I didn't want it. So yesterday, a missionary from the other Queen Creek companionship and I packed our things and we have moved to Chandler. My new companion is named Elder Guernsey.

The cool thing about Chandler, though I really don't know anything about it yet, is that they have had ridiculous amounts of work. As badly as Queen Creek was lacking on work, that is how much Chandler has been bursting. Things are going well here, and I am excited, really really excited, to start teaching more and become more of the missionary that I want to be. I loved Queen Creek, and I will love Chandler.

Chandler is also a Spanish ward, in fact, the only other one in the mission, and I will at last get to be a normal missionary in the ward, rather than a primary pianist. And so, although it was sad to say goodbye, it is really relieving to say hello. And my mission goes on.

My time is coming to a close. I love you all, and I am excited to get to talk to many of you on this Sunday. Be examples, and I will talk to you later.

-Elder Sam Bostwick

No comments: