Wednesday, April 30, 2008

up in the air

In this past week there has been a lot of talk about changing the two Spanish areas in our Ward into one, taking it back to how it was just before I arrived. Although this might be a bit of a downer for some members who love having four missionaries in their ward, with the amount of work we have, we really feel it would be best. It is possible that the change would take place this Saturday, likely leaving me here in Queen Creek with a companion that is not my current companion. We will see, and I will keep you all informed.

The highlight of the week was definitely a special temple trip that I got to take. I was invited to go to the temple with Rosalia's brother, who was baptized just about a year ago. I love their family very much and I was honored to be able to accompany him to go through the temple. Something that made it an interesting trip was that President Craig told us that we should find an exchange for Elder Johnston to stay in Queen Creek and me to go with another brother to the Temple. So I went to the Temple outside of our mission, without my companion. And then ate at an El Salvadorian Deli, outside of the mission, without my companion. It was a very strange morning, but a special event nonetheless. Plus a little part of me was really glad to finally not have a companion that I had to stay with. The other exciting note was that we went to the Spanish Session. I loved it, and I love learning Spanish. I hope that I am learning it as well as I would outside of the States. I have lots of people helping me to learn "correct Spanish." And I thank them very much. I do, after all, have to be able to speak with Jackie when I come home. Who knows, after living in Juarez, and then learning Portuguese, she'll have forgotten her "proper Spanish" and we'll both be lost together. I doubt it ...

It's been a good week, with lots of things a bit up in the air. I'm glad to hear you are all well, and I keep praying for you. Pray for me, I need extra help with all the things I should know, but don't. I miss you a little, and I am excited to be able to talk with some of you on Mother's Day coming up. Cecily, I love you, good luck. And Happy Mother's Day in advance. My time is up, I have to go. I'll write again next week.

-Elder Sam

PS--By the way, we reached 100 degrees yesterday ....

No comments: